Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A Mother's Day Weekend in Pictures



I absolutely adore when my Mum is able to come down to Newport for a visit, and I was thrilled when she offered to come down for Mother's Day! I had originally wanted to go up to Maine to visit her, but with getting into 3rd trimester and traveling/hosting guests the past two weekends, and this upcoming weekend, I just wasn't sure I would be able to swing another car trip. I'm so grateful for the time that we get to spend together- she's my best friend, a pillar of strength, a giver of sage and sound advice and someone who can make me laugh until I cry! 

We completely indulged our girly side throughout the weekend, starting with a casual pasta dinner I whipped up on Friday night. Saturday we took in a helicopter tour of the island, did some baby window shopping, picked up some supplies for the upcoming baby shower and got our lobster on with fabulous twin lobster rolls from Easton's Beach Snack Bar. We headed back to the apartment to put our feet up and catch the Kentucky Derby (what a great race- hope you caught it!), and closed out the night with decadent gourmet ice cream and fresh berries. 

Sunday we took in a long brunch at our favorite spot, Cafe Zelda (mentioned many, many times here) where Mum had what was arguably the BEST deep dish lobster quiche either of us had ever tasted in our lives. I could go on for days about the incredible texture, flaky pastry and perfectly cooked lobster! We took a post-brunch stroll through town and hit up the antique armory and some other shops before reluctantly heading back to the apartment so she could make her way back home.

I might not technically be a Mama yet, but I can't imagine a better way to spend Mother's Day, or better company to share it with! 

A Mother's Day present to myself- my ErgoBaby!
(complete with Ninja giving it the once over in the corner)
Mummy preparing for takeoff on her first ever helicopter ride!
A beautiful day to take in the sights- over Fort Adams
Mum & I post-flight, totally amused with ourselves
Waiting on our lobster rolls at the snack shack, windy but beautiful day!
The inaugural lobster roll feast, enjoyed in the car overlooking the ocean at Brenton's Point
Beautiful flowers from Mum, they still look amazing days later!
I can still taste the deliciousness...








No comments:

Post a Comment